Wednesday, May 7, 2008

My Strategy

After thinking about the questions at hand, I decided to cover a similar area as the last drift, but exploring inland a bit more. Hopefully I can find some parks, some hiding places, so nooks that were previously un-explored, and some run down structures. Much like the last two drifts, I will let my eyes guide me in the direction I wish to take, not so much a set course, but whatever peeks my interest along a walk through the city.

Instead of taking random footage of unique places, I want to make sure that some of the pieces I capture resemble the life through the eyes of a young child; eager to explore and full of wonder at the most mundane of objects. I will maintain my normal strategy of going to new areas I have not previously been, drift wise or in general. Hopefully this will leave me feeling more excited about objects and places that others see in their every day lives.

For the sound portion of the project, I want to gather sounds of nature, what you might hear if you were the only person left in the world. Obviously with a less morbid motive, I want to capture the innocence of the daytime as well as the horrors of loneliness. I will let my ears guide the way.

No comments: